|Manu||Date: Saturday, 05-March-2022, 5:13 AM | Message # 1|
|A personal trainer died after taking caffeine powder the equivalent of up to 200 cups of coffee, an inquest heard.|
Father-of-two Tom Mansfield had miscalculated the amount of powder he was meant to use on kitchen scales.
An inquest in Ruthin heard the 29-year-old from Colwyn Bay fell ill straight after drinking his mixture on 5 January 2021.
Reaching a conclusion of misadventure, coroner John Gittins said the cause of death was caffeine toxicity.
Caffeine is used by some gym-goers, with some fitness websites recommending it for improving sports performance in certain doses.
However, experts have warned that when taking powders there is a risk of consuming over the recommended amount.
On Tuesday an inquest heard Mr Mansfield began clutching his chest and complaining his heart was beating fast after consuming the product.
Minutes later, after going to lie down, he began foaming at the mouth. His wife Suzannah alerted neighbours and family, and called an ambulance
Paramedics tried to resuscitate him for 45 minutes but was later pronounced dead at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire.
Read more/full article/source - https://u.to/4GEKHA