|Manu||Date: Friday, 03-September-2010, 11:33 PM | Message # 1|
Set in a futuristic cartoon-like world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets, Warsow is a completely free fast-paced first-person shooter (FPS) for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Speed and movement, that's what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge and walljump your way through the game. Grab those power-ups before your enemy does, plant the bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy's flag before anyone knows what's going on!
A handful of popular gametypes come shipped with Warsow, like Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Clan Arena, Instagib and Duel. Warsow invites you to add to this list, by creating your own custom gametypes with the brand new gametype scripting system!
* 3D Engine based on Qfusion (a modification of Quake 2 GPL engine) ;
* eSport oriented FPS ;
* Fast-paced gameplay focused on trix (trick jumps) and art of move ;
* New tricks have been added like walljump and dash
* Complete Power-up System including Weak and Strong fire mode for each weapon ;
* Cartoonish graphics that are similar to cell-shading.
New in version 0.5:
* Weapon settings: armor settings and movement system have been tweaked and revised
* Weapons can stun players, making them unable to walljump for a short period of time after being hit
* Warsow 0.5 introduces AngelScript gametype scripting, inviting everyone to create their own custom gametypes
* Warsow 0.5 has new maps, textures, playermodels, engine features, visual effects... even a brand new weapon!
* Warsow 0.5 comes with new gametypes: Team Domination, Headhunt, Bomb & Defuse