|Manu||Date: Friday, 15-January-2010, 6:05 AM | Message # 1|
|Adium is a free instant messaging application for Mac OS X that can connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more. |
Adium is a free and open source instant messaging application for Mac OS X, written using Mac OS X’s Cocoa API, released under the GNU GPL and developed by the Adium team. Based on the libpurple protocol library, Adium can connect you to any number of messaging accounts on any combination of supported messaging services (see further down for the list) and then chat with other people using those services.
Note: We do not host any IM services ourselves. Adium is a third-party client for connecting to services run by other people (mostly companies).
- Open Source, so everyone can see how Adium works and help improve it
- Support for a wide range of different Instant Messaging services (see the full list)
- A delightful UI (Tabbed chat windows)
- Mac OS X integration (Address Book integration, WebKit Message View: Theme your chat windows)
- Combined Contacts: Merge your contacts so that each one represents a person, not an account
- A sophisticated events system (including Growl notifications)
- OTR Encryption
- File Transfer
- Xtras and many, many other customization options
- A beautiful icon, the “Adiumy” duck
- Translations: Adium speaks 27 different languages