Tuesday, 19-March-2024

Login form

Aryanblood

ad

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BLACK HOLE THAT’S CREATING STARS - Forum

[ New messages · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: arya, dethalternate  
Forum » Main » Science, Astronomy, Nature » SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BLACK HOLE THAT’S CREATING STARS
SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BLACK HOLE THAT’S CREATING STARS
ManuDate: Tuesday, 25-January-2022, 3:49 PM | Message # 1
--dragon lord--
Group: undead
SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BLACK HOLE THAT’S CREATING STARS INSTEAD OF DEVOURING THEM

Not all black holes are the destructive monsters they’re often made out to be, according to new research done with the Hubble Space Telescope.

Scientists from Montana State University published an article in Nature this week that found a star formation in Henize 2-10, a dwarf starburst galaxy — and they say the black hole at the center of that galaxy actually created them.

“We conclude that this black-hole outflow triggered the star formation,” the authors wrote.

The findings provided insight into a decade-old mystery about whether smaller galaxies had black holes proportional in size to larger ones, according to NASA.

“Ten years ago, as a graduate student thinking I would spend my career on star formation, I looked at the data from Henize 2-10 and everything changed,” Amy Reines, a researcher at the University of Virginia and one of the study’s authors, told NASA. “From the beginning I knew something unusual and special was happening.”

untotenawake
Read more/full article/source - https://futurism.com/the-byte/black-hole-creating-stars

Forum » Main » Science, Astronomy, Nature » SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BLACK HOLE THAT’S CREATING STARS
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: