|Manu||Date: Tuesday, 02-March-2010, 9:57 PM | Message # 1|
|Alien Arena |
Alien Arena 2010 is a freeware online deathmatch game with fast and furious action for Windows and Linux!
The game runs on the CRX engine, and features modern effects such as real-time lighting and shadows, shaders, light bloom, reflective surfaces and much more, while still being able to run on even modest systems.
The game includes a built in, as well as external server browser and chat client. Players can look up their stats online, chat with other players, and become part of a growing community.
The Alien Arena experience is now a finely tuned, highly polished body of work.
Alien Arena has transformed into a lean, clean, fragging machine, with stunning visual effects that are usually reserved for commercial titles. This isn't your daddy's Alien Arena - it's not even last year's model, with a host of new and improved maps, sounds and music.
* GLSL per-pixel lighting on meshes(now all surfaces).
* OpenAL 1.1
* Ogg-Vorbis support.
* GLSL post process framebuffer effects.
* New scoreboards.
* New HUD.
* Stereo music files.
* Seven new maps.
* Two new player characters.
* Voice taunt system.
* Doppler sound effects.
* Soft shadows.
* Strats datadir fixes.
* Bot config reading for Linux.
* Irc threading fixes.
* Irc login fixes.
* Lightblock optimization.
* All GLSL and ARB shader's built into engine.
* Fix burning white gibs bug.
* VBO fixes for speedup.
* Inter Quake skeletal model format.
* Spine bending for viewer pitch.
* Cleaned up vertex model rendering for major speedup.
* Compiled on MSVC2009 for peformance increases.
* Allow mouse acceleration to be disabled in game.
* All player models now have IQM versions.
* Various issues with rscript cleaned up.
* Bot's now turn more humanly.
* Homing missiles now limited to 5 per life, rather than round.
* Specularity now controlled by normalmap alpha.
* Irc now defaults to irc.planetarena.org, our own Irc network.
* Improvements in accuracy and speed of lighting routines.
* Updated a number of skins for models.
* Better keepalive for Galaxy.
* separate menu mouse speed control.