|Manu||Date: Friday, 11-March-2011, 1:11 PM | Message # 1|
|WHAT IS WIDECAP? |
WideCap - is system proxifier. It was created as `extended` version of FreeCap program. But WideCap IS NOT a branch or new FreeCap version.
FIVE REASONS WHY YOU NEED WIDECAP
* Security - you'll be in safe behind the proxy. Hackers and attackers will see the proxy's IP address but not your real. So your computer will be safe.
* Games - in cases when corporate policy restricts access to some Internet resources you can use WideCap and proxy to access forbidden resources
* Anonimity - One of the main Widecap's targets is keeping your anonimity in the Internet. In fact your IP address is providing more information as you may expect. So if you don't want to be recognized by MPAA or RIAA or even BigBrother™ you need WideCap.
* Cheap traffic utilization - In case when your ISP is providing cheap traffic and SOCKS proxy by the main "interface". Using the WideCap you can quickly connect your system to the Internet using SOCKS interface.
* Office tunneling - Using WideCap and SOCKS server installed on the gateway you can quickly deploy Internet access for the employes
Advantages of the WideCap:
System integration - WideCap is fully functional Winsock Service and Namespace provider. That means simply integration into your network subsystem. Forget about this ugly FreeCap's injection, needle to run all programs throught FreeCap, possible errors and incompatible with some firewalls and anti-viruses. WideCap acts as virtual network driver covering all your TCP/IP activity. No launchers - just run your program as usual and work via proxy.
New proxy engine - fully rewritten proxy engine taken from the FreeCap to handle reloading everything on-the-fly. No more program restarts after changing the proxy chain or Widecap configuration. Plus boosted perfomance with proxies handling.