|arya||Date: Sunday, 17-February-2013, 12:24 PM | Message # 1|
|GUWAHATI: At least 400 people, including children, were taken ill after food poisoning in North Dimoria block of Kamrup (Metro) district on Friday. |
Children of Durung ME School, Koraiguri LP School and Koikari LP School went to their respective institutions for Saraswati Puja on Friday. They fell ill after they consumed grams and khichri. On Saturday morning, the patients were admitted to the 30-bed Khetri Hospital and Sonapur Primary Healthcare Centre from where the critical ones were referred to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital(GMCH).
Principal of GMCH Kabul Saikia, said: "More than 400 people fell ill after consuming grams and khichri. The figure may increase. In our hospital, about 23 patients were admitted till 7.30 pm and more patients are on their way. Among the 23 patients, 15 are adults. It is difficult to tell the exact figure now."
"We have opened one relief camp at Khetri and five doctors have been sent to the site. The critical patients are being brought here for treatment. The patients complained of vomiting, fever, dizziness, diarrhoea and abdominal pain," he added.
Read more/Full article/source - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city....445.cms