|archmage||Date: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 4:49 PM | Message # 1|
-- dragon lord--
|BRENDAN TREMBATH: When US officials confirmed earlier in the week that a bomb plot originating in Yemen had been foiled, they said Americans were never at risk. It's now becoming clear why that was the case. |
According to reports from Washington, the would-be bomber was in fact a plant, working for Saudi Arabia or the CIA.
Barbara Miller reports.
BARBARA MILLER: The story of the underwear bomb mark two has taken another intriguing twist. US media is reporting that the man selected by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to detonate a bomb in a US-bound plane was in fact an agent who was playing the terrorist group. According to some reports he was working for the CIA and the Saudi Arabians.
Robert Baer, a former CIA officer, says he doubts the CIA was directly involved.
Full article/source - http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3499283.htm